lunes, 16 de julio de 2012

My favorite movies

   In Malaysia we have got many good films. When I’ve got time I rent or buy a DVD movie because I love watching them. Sometimes I go to the cinema with Syahirah (my roommate). I love watching horror films and comedy films. I don’t like action movies; I cannot stand violence, guns and all the stuff. 



   Four years ago I saw a movie with my friends called Chermin. This movie left me traumatized; I almost piss on my seat when I saw it, even so, is one of my favorite movies. It's about a girl named Nasrin, who was disfigured after a tragic car accident. His mother discovers an antique mirror that has extraordinary powers. This mirror reflects everything Nasrin wants to see. Nasrin is obsessed with the mirror in his quest to recover his latest beauty, Nasrin falls into an addiction to mirror, at the same time it is charged in form of blood and revenge.



   When the movie finished, I was frightened of every mirror. Oh my god, now I remember those times and it seems hilarious, but at that moment was terrible to me. Am I silly? I think that I am. Well, after that, I thought twice before to see another horror movie. 






   


   Another of my favorite movies is the comedy Baik Punya Cilok (in English: They have good actions) which is funny story about Wak and his friends, who plan to steal a pawnshop when the owner, Tauke Wong, refuses to allow Wak to redeem his grandmother's brooch. After numerous discussions and rehearsals for the big robbery day, the guys fall into a trap and there begins a lot of crazy adventures to achieve their goal. The whole movie was very funny. I laughed a lot!



   I really enjoy the Malaysian cinema, for me is very good. We have to support our local talent. The Malaysian independent directors usually have very reduced budgets and they recorded in digital format, they make a great effort to show us their art and for our enjoyment.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario